Based on an extract from the court rolls we know that Erkki Niilonpoika was confirmed as owner by the court which convened in the vicarage of Hauho in 1564. The map was drawn later, in 1588. After this the map and the boundary judgement were twice brought to court, the last occasion being in 1772, when preparations were being made in Saarijärvi for the so-called "big reallocation". Thanks to a fortunate coincidence the original map and boundary judgement were preserved, when the case was referred to the Vaasa Court of Appeals which had just been founded: documents from Finland's oldest Court of Appeals in Turku were destroyed in a fire, but the archives of the Vaasa Court of Appeals escaped undamaged despite a big fire in Vaasa in 1852.