first maps of Central Finland were made after the year 1600. Olof Mört,
who was the surveyor of the administrative district of Turku, made a map
of the Keuruu area in 1689. The map ran to four sheets. The mapping of Keuruu
was part of measures associated with the "big reduction", with
properties of the Horn family being returned to the Crown.